Nauvoo
Nauvoo
Nauvoo     Home Page  |  Nauvoo Times  |  About Nauvoo  |  The Back Bench  |  Vigor - Web Edition  |  Contact Nauvoo
Nauvoo Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nauvoo Forum » Nauvoo Classic Forum » General Discussions » American Idol (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: American Idol
MomsDword
Member # 1122

- posted      Profile for MomsDword   Email MomsDword         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Prince we fast forwarded through.
Ditto.
My daughter and I wondered why they had Prince on the show performing not once, but twice. If you remember, when Paris sang Prince's "Kiss", she said on the show that they had to call Prince to get permission to do the song and when he found out it was Paris singing it, he okay'd it. My guess is that part of his approval was an agreement to allow him to perform on the show. I don't have any inside info on this, just a guess.

Posts: 605 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LynnTruthseeker
Member # 372

- posted      Profile for LynnTruthseeker   Email LynnTruthseeker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On another forum that I frequent, someone described the interaction of Taylor and Toni Braxton as him being afraid he would catch a virus from her if he got too close during their rendition of "In the Ghetto"... actually, the description on the other forum was a bit more specific, but I'll leave that part out .

I was not impressed with their version of "In the Ghetto." I always liked the way Elvis did it, with so much feeling. It always made me cry. This version was too bouncy, and it sounded off key.
Posts: 1305 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosaline
Member # 2015

- posted      Profile for Rosaline           Edit/Delete Post 
WOOT!

We get Taylor for his "1st real concert".

Freedom Fest Stadium of Fire. 4th of July.

Posts: 1370 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MomsDword
Member # 1122

- posted      Profile for MomsDword   Email MomsDword         Edit/Delete Post 
Boo hoo. They don't have any scheduled concerts in our neck of the woods. [Frown]
Posts: 605 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abby76
Member # 1288

- posted      Profile for abby76   Email abby76         Edit/Delete Post 
My family bond so much with American Idol as it is something we can all agree upon. We have been watching previous years taped performances. We had a great one with Clay, Ruben, Kimberly, and Josh singing BG's music. We also have some from the season with Fantasia, Dianna, JPL etc
[The Wave]

Posts: 3434 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nauvoo Home Page