Nauvoo
Nauvoo
Nauvoo     Home Page  |  Nauvoo Times  |  About Nauvoo  |  The Back Bench  |  Vigor - Web Edition  |  Contact Nauvoo
Nauvoo Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nauvoo Forum » Nauvoo Classic Forum » General Discussions » The Fortress (Page 195)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 196 pages: 1  2  3  ...  192  193  194  195  196 

Author Topic: The Fortress
rayb
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for rayb   Email rayb         Edit/Delete Post 
everything sounds better when you add "Of Doom!" to the end of it.
Posts: 13686 | Registered: Oct 98  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaimilyn
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for jaimilyn   Email jaimilyn         Edit/Delete Post 
ray, virtual treats have no sugar or calories or fat or anything. You can indulge all you like [Wink]

Here, I'll help:

http://healthyvoyager.com/2.0/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Picture-44.png
http://www.grit.com/uploadedImages/GRT/articles/issues/2009-11-01/GRT-ND09-comfort-foods-fudge-candy-dunn.jpg

Posts: 2959 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
V.
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for V.   Email V.         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working on the DOOM part! As in I've "doomed" myself to being attacked because I dare to play in the Fortress! Something about living dangerously these days? [Taunt] V.
Posts: 4240 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rayb
Member # 122

I'm in florida this week. Bought a 14 dollar "boogie board" at the local Publix and I got to play in the waves for about 3 hours.

Seawater is a low calorie snack too.

Must not vomit...

(though in the fortress that's perfectly acceptable behavior... we cherish such things... [Wink]

Posts: 13686 | Registered: Oct 98  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rayb
Member # 122

Okay. I blame myself. Now what?
rayb
Member # 122

Ray serves everyone in the Fortress mess hall a large pot of pasta with a special Sun-Dried Tornado Pesto.
V.
Member # 1727

rayb, where were you? If you ever have a layover or come close to Jacksonville, I really want to meet up. Food is yummy, thanks! V.
Posts: 4240 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rayb
Member # 122

Living in Florida, I imagine you're quite fond of "Sun-Dried Tornadoes"! [Smile]

--Ray

PS> I'm at Cocoa Beach, but I have to share my rental car with my coworkers. Perhaps if I end up stuck here over the weekend I'll convince the guys to go on a roadtrip.

V.
Member # 1727

You are soooo funny, my friend! I may or may not be here for the weekend as there is an event due west I'd like to attend!

Check in off forum and I will be glad to share my phone #. Have a good week! V.

rayb
Member # 122

I'm pushing to keep my original plan to fly home on Friday. I'll send a note if I don't.

[Smile]

V.
Member # 1727

Ray, It looks like I am going to be home for the weekend. Haven't heard from my ride and I'm now not feeling well. I'll send prayers that you get to go home early. Maybe next time I can be in a place to meet you halfway. V.
rayb
Member # 122

Hey V,

Dunno if you can make it, but we're thinking of taking a roadtrip on Sunday up to St. Augustine, apparently it's a historic site that's got a lot of old stuff in it. If you were feeling well enough, we could meet at one of the historic sites? I don't know the area at all, but I noticed it's pretty close to Jacksonville, so you'd have to set the location.

Yeah, the transmitter wasn't working, so we have to stay for next week.

--Ray

V.
Member # 1727

If I can get to feeling better, the fort is the best place to meet. I get out of church around noon and then it's less than an hour to St. Augustine. If you'll give me a # off forum then I can call you Saturday and let you know how I'm feeling. V.
nitasmile
Member # 1302

- posted      Profile for nitasmile   Email nitasmile         Edit/Delete Post 
exciting you will meet in St. Augustine! That is where I went to school! Definitely hang out on George st..there is also the nation's oldest school house! V has it right, the Fort there is the best place! (the one time I visited it, we got rained out and had to leave- but the part I saw before the rain was great!)
Posts: 8874 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
V.
Member # 1727

Rayb, I am not going to make it Sunday! I probably won't even make it to church.

My daughter says the tour of the college is worth the money. She also likes the Old General Store. If you have the money to eat at an expensive restaurant, The Columbian is awesome. The tour trams are reasonable and saves you from having to find parking spaces. The drivers are very knowledgeable and you can learn a lot. The Fountain of Youth has a Planetarium.

There is an encampment for the holidays, I believe. The lights are beautiful at night.

Maybe on the next trip down? Have fun in St. Augustine. V.

V.
Member # 1727

Now, back to our regularly scheduled mischief! [Big Grin]

Trick or treat? I've left some goodies hidden in the deepest darkest corners of the Fortress! Some are treasures and some might explode with rubber snakes? Any takers? [Big laugh]

rayb
Member # 122

Ba-Boom-bah!
rayb
Member # 122

(Btw, V, I sent email to ya about the cell I've got...)
beefche
Member # 2301

- posted      Profile for beefche   Email beefche         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't do it, V! Rayb cannot be trusted. He isn't talking about a cell phone, but a prison cell! He's trying to take the Fortress into real life!
Posts: 3236 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
V.
Member # 1727

Don't worry, Beefche, I have friends in the reenactors groups down there as well as some moves of my own! Besides, Rayb wouldn't dare do anything with soooo many witnesses? Would he? V.
V.
Member # 1727

Oh, and Ray, I warned you that something might explode! There are some canisters of fudge hidden in the Fortress so you can keep trying! [Big Grin] V.
rayb
Member # 122

Dang you Beefche, always exposing my evil plots...
V.
Member # 1727

Unfortunately, Ray's plans have been spoiled! I have the "plague" and refuse to expose even him to it! So close and yet so far away! I really like meeting my Nauvoo family face to face! [Frown]

Oh well, it just leaves me more time to cause mischief! [Razz] V.

rayb
Member # 122

Hey V,

I'll have to try calling you again later. My phone went totally dead. I keep forgetting to charge it--so that's what I'm doing now. [Smile]

It was great to chat with you briefly before the phone died. [Smile]

I suspect this was one of your Fortressy-Tricks... replacing my cellphone battery with playdough... Grrrr... [Wink]

V.
Member # 1727

Nope it wasn't play dough! [Wink] I just had one of my techno geek friends move some circuits around! [Laugh] V.
V.
Member # 1727

Oh, yuck! Someone put something reallyyyyy goey down in the hallway I wanted to walk through! [Grumble] Now I need to find a new path to library and clean the bottom of my shoes! I was looking for some books about pirates! V.
rayb
Member # 122

probably one of the goblins... they're not really potty trained...
rayb
Member # 122

Ray builds a Sandcastle on the beach beside the Fortress... Because the Fortress has a beach... and a nice warm ocean... until he wants to go skiiing... then there's a mountain slope with the perfect powder.
EDGJanitor
Administrator
Member # 1615

- posted      Profile for EDGJanitor   Email EDGJanitor         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
probably one of the goblins... they're not really potty trained...
[Big Grin] Which is why any reputable bad guy wears boots.

[ December 14, 2011, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: EDGJanitor ]

Posts: 8882 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
V.
Member # 1727

Bought the boots! Fortunately my "guardian angel" warned me of the drop and I made sure I had repelling ropes and harness! Scared the daylights out of me though due to the fear of heights! [Grumble] and someone gave me a little nudge! [Eek!]

Watch your back people! Doors may have surprises over them or behind them! [Razz] V.

rayb
Member # 122

It is built on the a 2000ft cliff too. It's all of those things. It's a very large fortress...
rayb
Member # 122

Ray single-handedly lugs the whole fortress back through from the Gates of Oblivion, through the Forgotten Forest, across the Ocean of Obscurity, and over the Mundane Mountains, to the Beach of Banality, where he thrusts it back up onto the Cliffs of Calumny.
jana at jade house
Member # 559

- posted      Profile for jana at jade house   Email jana at jade house         Edit/Delete Post 
oh Gosh! Does that mean we really have to figure out what to do with the watermelon rinds?

Remember this from TEN yes TEN years ago?
I could not find the very first thread, but here is II

Posts: 6018 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jana at jade house
Member # 559

- posted      Profile for jana at jade house   Email jana at jade house         Edit/Delete Post 
Page turn [The Wave]
Posts: 6018 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
V.
Member # 1727

Oh dear! [Roll Eyes] Classes will now commence on building shields for a shield wall and protection for the roof of the Cabin! Crossbows anyone? I declare, if war is what they want I will send all innocents out of there and defend myself and any who choose to join in. I've been collecting ducks and own a trebuchet so beware! V.
jana at jade house
Member # 559

Infiltrated pooh. I was wandering by on my way to the porch and peeked in the open gate. Not very high security, this fortress.
jana at jade house
Member # 559

It is a good thing I wasn't having a swallow of something. You are very funny today, my man.
V.
Member # 1727

(V. sneaks back in to see how many guests will be thrown at us for dinner tonight. Count is a little off but we'll prepare for extras. V. tiptoes back out past the "security" force and quietly flees back to the Porch.)
Jacaré
Member # 178

- posted      Profile for Jacaré   Email Jacaré         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the original Dried Watermelon Rinds, started by Yours Truly. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6145 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redd
Member # 1828

- posted      Profile for Redd   Email Redd         Edit/Delete Post 
Where do I send the bill for cleaning the huge flying bat pooh out of my trucks engine?? That stuff got in through the vents and I really do not want to have to describe the stench.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 196 pages: 1  2  3  ...  192  193  194  195  196 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nauvoo Home Page