Nauvoo
Nauvoo
Nauvoo     Home Page  |  Nauvoo Times  |  About Nauvoo  |  The Back Bench  |  Vigor - Web Edition  |  Contact Nauvoo
Nauvoo Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nauvoo Forum » Nauvoo Classic Forum » General Discussions » You think you have seen every thing file (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  41  42  43 

Author Topic: You think you have seen every thing file
JennaDean
Member # 1722

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Psycho, anyone?
Posts: 5906 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nitasmile
Member # 1302

- posted      Profile for nitasmile   Email nitasmile         Edit/Delete Post 
this Dad was upset w/his daughter's boyfriend and took action:
Dad's action against daughter's boyfriend

Posts: 8981 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyByNight
Member # 1073

- posted      Profile for FlyByNight   Email FlyByNight         Edit/Delete Post 
And speaking of odd parental behavior: Mom has kid kill Hamster for bad grade
Posts: 11091 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

- posted      Profile for Curelom   Email Curelom         Edit/Delete Post 
If the geckos on the TV insurance ad seem a little agitated, this may be one reason.
[Laugh] [Eek!]

Posts: 14635 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valjean
Member # 10773

- posted      Profile for Valjean   Email Valjean         Edit/Delete Post 
"What's in your wallet?"
Posts: 2017 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valjean
Member # 10773

A lot of Naugas gave their all to make my wallet.
Posts: 2017 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacaré
Member # 178

- posted      Profile for Jacaré   Email Jacaré         Edit/Delete Post 
Must've been awful small naugas. It only takes two or three to provide enough hide for an average sized cheap sofa.
Posts: 6146 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

"What's in your wallet?"

The folks who advertise on TV mostly wouldn't be interested. But I can say that I'm asked to take it out of my wallet more often than my driver's license.

Posts: 14635 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyByNight
Member # 1073

- posted      Profile for FlyByNight   Email FlyByNight         Edit/Delete Post 
Own your own Nauga
Posts: 11091 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

It's midnight, you're already tanked up at 3x the legal DUI limit, & you get the urge for more.

Problem: you have a 2 year old & a 1 year old.

Solution: you leave the 2 year old asleep on the couch at home alone (Daddy is at work) & walk to the saloon with the infant in the stroller wearing only a one-sie.

BTW: this is at midnight in Reno & the temperatures are in the 30's.

The bartender & the other customers did the right thing.

palmetto_gal
Member # 2268

- posted      Profile for palmetto_gal   Email palmetto_gal         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, now I have this picture in my mind of mom wearing a onesie, while drunkenly pushing baby in the stroller.
Posts: 2921 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrowGirl
Member # 401

- posted      Profile for CrowGirl   Email CrowGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
"It isn't hazing, really. We don't believe in it."
Trust us; the beatings will foster sisterhood.

Posts: 4690 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoudmouthMormon
Member # 6140

- posted      Profile for LoudmouthMormon   Email LoudmouthMormon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeesh. Ya know, joining certain street gangs require a 'courting in' event, which basically entails getting the crap kicked out of you by gang members. I guess they're worse than this sorority, because you have to be 'courted out' in similar fashion.

Oh yeah - and kudos to the Star Ledger Staff for this full grasp on reality:
quote:
The pledge who spoke to The Star-Ledger did so on condition of anonymity, saying she feared retaliation. Her cousin, Khalilh Anthony, accompanied her...
LM

[ January 29, 2010, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: LoudmouthMormon ]

Posts: 2698 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PollyAnna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for PollyAnna   Email PollyAnna         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah... I did a serious "eye-roll" over that one too LM
Posts: 6447 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmon
Member # 600

- posted      Profile for palmon   Email palmon         Edit/Delete Post 
You WILL go to church, by george!
Posts: 5703 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparky
Member # 176

- posted      Profile for Sparky   Email Sparky         Edit/Delete Post 
World's tallest dog! linky
Posts: 2861 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

It isn't hazing, really. We don't believe in it.

I know it isn't really hazing. That's why I kept going back so they could whup me with that paddle nearly 30 times a night for 7 nights. Why did I wait until Day 8 when I was full of bruises & welts & needed hospital treatment to come to my senses? It was the Sunday whuppin' that done it. When they failed to keep the Sabbath holy, that was the last straw & I realized this was the Devil's work.

Trust us; the beatings will foster sisterhood.

I hope none of them ever become Relief Society presidents! [Big Frown] [Eek!] [Angst]

Batman Beatles 2
Member # 11110

- posted      Profile for Batman Beatles 2   Email Batman Beatles 2         Edit/Delete Post 
Not exactly the "errand of angels" huh?
Posts: 87 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

We're your sisters & we're here to comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.

<Bam! Thump!> [Eek!]

Valjean
Member # 10773

quote:
<Bam! Thump!>
I first read that as "Bambi Thumper".

It will be interesting to see who recognizes the cultural reference.

Curelom
Member # 1439

Cultural reference?

Oh, you mean the fine print about how the sorority was founded on a common appreciation for Mozart, Shakespeare, & Ming dynasty porcelain, & the desire to organize field trips to the Smithsonian during school breaks.

[ February 01, 2010, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Curelom ]

Curelom
Member # 1439

I nominate Mark Sanford for the Cluelsss - Doesn't Get It - Head Where the Sun Never Shines award!

[Roll Eyes] [Dont Know] [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

Valjean
Member # 10773

I can't grok that level of cluelessness. All I can figure is that lust makes you stupid.
Curelom
Member # 1439

'Fraid so, Val.

Pride, greed, lust, anger, envy, & a few others are rightly called "deadly sins" because they make us blind, deaf, & stupid. We might say greed or lust aren't REALLY like theft or adultery--but they are the first step, & when they get control of us, nothing gets in the way of whatever we want.

But honestly, even though we've seen countless examples of stupidity, he takes the prize. [Roll Eyes] At least for this week.

Jacaré
Member # 178

quote:

She does not say what advice, if any, she gave the governor.

Take a long walk off a short pier?
Put your head under water three times and take it out twice?
See how long you can hold your breath if I tape your mouth and nose shut?
Go slide naked down a ten foot razor?
Go sit on a pile of scorpions?
Go boil your head?

Posts: 6146 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mhooner
Member # 2200

- posted      Profile for mhooner   Email mhooner         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
quote:
Go boil your head?

Posts: 1060 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

[Laugh] Put your head under water three times and take it out twice? [ROFL]

[Laugh] [ROFL]

scruffydog
Member # 10650

- posted      Profile for scruffydog   Email scruffydog         Edit/Delete Post 
Having read the article, I am left with a great deal of admiration for a very dignified lady.
Posts: 1691 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmetto_gal
Member # 2268

- posted      Profile for palmetto_gal   Email palmetto_gal         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But honestly, even though we've seen countless examples of stupidity, he takes the prize. At least for this week.
Oh, I don't know about that. The John Edwards/Elizabeth Edwards/Rielle Hunter/Andrew Young/Cheri Young thing seems to rank right up there along side of the Sanford thing.
Posts: 2921 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

How could I have forgotten about that one? You're right, Palmie! [Eek!]

I guess we should give Tiger an honorable mention too, shouldn't we?

I hope they took all the stupid pills, so there aren't any more floating out there for the rest of us to accidentally swallow. [Big laugh]

roper66
Member # 1765

- posted      Profile for roper66   Email roper66         Edit/Delete Post 
Goth kittens [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 6550 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PollyAnna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for PollyAnna   Email PollyAnna         Edit/Delete Post 
roper... that just makes me mad, and I don't even LIKE cats... inflicting your personal fashion likes to make money on a helpless animal is WRONG WRONG WRONG... But then I also HATE puppy and kitten mills...
Posts: 6447 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

Those poor critters. [Big Frown]

* Heads back to the Cabin to organize the Nauvoo Critter Legion to go & liberate those poor mistreated four-footers. *

DaKnife
Member # 1220

- posted      Profile for DaKnife   Email DaKnife         Edit/Delete Post 
What? No pictures to further our outrage?

Okay, what this lady was doing is just cruel, but I have to admit I am curious as to what a "Goth Kitten" looks like.

I'd rather such a concept never occur, but I'm still curious.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valjean
Member # 10773

Curious that we think little of piercing the ears of our female-type children, but are outraged at the thought of anyone piercing the ears of a cat.
palmetto_gal
Member # 2268

I don't want to see the picture. It's too hard to erase visual images.
DaKnife
Member # 1220

- posted      Profile for DaKnife   Email DaKnife         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I found it. Pretty dumb and cruel thing to go to jail for. Kittens don't need ear-rings, or any other jewelry.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyByNight
Member # 1073

Now that is an interesting point Roper. Not to mention it's OK to insert sub-dermal RFID tags. Intrusion into the body is on a similar scale. (RFID's are not inserted with anesthetic).
Jacaré
Member # 178

Is this kind of stupidity a sure sign of the Apocalypse?
EDGJanitor
Administrator
Member # 1615

- posted      Profile for EDGJanitor   Email EDGJanitor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet you if you read the schools mission or curriculum statements they claim to teach critical thinking skills. I wonder who they have that can teach that.
Posts: 9220 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  41  42  43 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nauvoo Home Page