Nauvoo
Nauvoo
Nauvoo     Home Page  |  Nauvoo Times  |  About Nauvoo  |  The Back Bench  |  Vigor - Web Edition  |  Contact Nauvoo
Nauvoo Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nauvoo Forum » Nauvoo Classic Forum » General Discussions » What's it called?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's it called?
maryozion
Member # 2035

- posted      Profile for maryozion   Email maryozion         Edit/Delete Post 
I was born in '56 and tomorrow I will be 56. Also my granddaughter was born in 'o6 and in March she will be 6. That only happens once in a lifetime so it should have a special name. Anyone know what it's called? Or if no name for it exists are any of you brilliant people up for creating one?
Posts: 598 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 615

- posted      Profile for Sweet William   Email Sweet William         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there is the "Golden Birthday," but there seems to be confusion on whether the age for the Golden birthday matches the day of the month or the two-digit year.
Posts: 8603 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy
Member # 762

- posted      Profile for Randy   Email Randy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that's called "The Maryozion and Granddaughter Convergence of Ages Equalling Last Two Digits of Birth Year," but I'll have to look it up.
Posts: 3713 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlm
Member # 1843

- posted      Profile for jlm   Email jlm         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just going to call it "Carl".
Posts: 1502 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jana at jade house
Member # 559

- posted      Profile for jana at jade house   Email jana at jade house         Edit/Delete Post 
our family calls it the Golden birthday when the date and age are the same- David's had his at 8, but poor Else-- I might not make it to her 25th birthday:(
Posts: 6017 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maryozion
Member # 2035

I knew there would be great answers in Nauvoo.
Posts: 598 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nitasmile
Member # 1302

- posted      Profile for nitasmile   Email nitasmile         Edit/Delete Post 
don't know but now you have me looking forward to when I'm 68!
Posts: 8873 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 1988

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
We refer to it as our "star birthday". Don't know why.
Posts: 525 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyByNight
Member # 1073

- posted      Profile for FlyByNight   Email FlyByNight         Edit/Delete Post 
So, my son was born in 2000, does that mean his Golden Birthday was the day he was born?
Posts: 11091 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jana at jade house
Member # 559

- posted      Profile for jana at jade house   Email jana at jade house         Edit/Delete Post 
if you use the date and not year, that won't matter. but then again if your family makes a big deal out of golden birthdays if yours is from 1 to about 6 or 7 or after about 25 you feel kinda cheated. (Mine was 29, and I was a single mom, divorced twice- I celebrated survival and a bachelor's degree, not quite the big bang that you get when your mom still makes your birthday party:))

[ February 16, 2012, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: jana at jade house ]

Posts: 6017 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparky
Member # 176

- posted      Profile for Sparky   Email Sparky         Edit/Delete Post 
I never heard of this before, but now I'm really looking forward to my 60th birthday!
Posts: 2829 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 1722

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought it was the month -- like when you'll be twelve on the twelfth of whatever. Of course that happened back before I ever heard of it. The year, however, won't happen until I'm 72, and at the rate I'm going I'll have forgotten to think about it by then. Oh well.
Posts: 5905 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maryozion
Member # 2035

I especially like "Carl" and "The Maryozion and Granddaughter Convergence of Ages Equalling Last Two Digits of Birth Year" but my family has decided to go with "Golden Year Birthday." The more I think about it the more special it is to share it with my granddaughter.
CrowGirl
Member # 401

- posted      Profile for CrowGirl   Email CrowGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You could always make a really cool acronym; like MGCAELTDBY, if Golden Year Birthday seems too ... easy.
[Razz]

Posts: 4464 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nauvoo Home Page