Nauvoo
Nauvoo
Nauvoo     Home Page  |  Nauvoo Times  |  About Nauvoo  |  The Back Bench  |  Vigor - Web Edition  |  Contact Nauvoo
Nauvoo Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nauvoo Forum » Nauvoo Classic Forum » Forum and Member News » Death in the Family

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death in the Family
afrieds
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for afrieds   Email afrieds         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband's grandmother just died, I am taking it kinda hard because my grandmother just died 5 months ago. When we got married we both had all of our grandparents, now there are only two left.
Posts: 902 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MommyH
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for MommyH   Email MommyH         Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences for your losses.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyro
Member # 460

- posted      Profile for Tyro   Email Tyro         Edit/Delete Post 
afrieds, my sympathies for your losses. Grandmothers are such special people, aren't they?

[Frown]
Tyro

Posts: 4211 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurel
Member # 936

- posted      Profile for Laurel   Email Laurel         Edit/Delete Post 
I resently lost two grandparents, one on each side (mine and my DH's) of the family. I am sorry for your loss and understand how painful it is. But try to remember they are always with you when you truely need them. Look to HF for comfort.

[ August 09, 2004, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Laurel ]

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trooperswife
Member # 670

- posted      Profile for trooperswife   Email trooperswife         Edit/Delete Post 
Wishing you sweet memories as you miss your loved ones.

Talitha

Posts: 4452 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afrieds
Member # 902

Thank you so much.
Posts: 902 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janey
Member # 885

- posted      Profile for Janey   Email Janey         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, afrieds.
Posts: 4775 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tendril14
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for Tendril14   Email Tendril14         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 2121 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yungmom
Member # 619

- posted      Profile for yungmom   Email yungmom         Edit/Delete Post 
*HUGS* and prayers for you.
Posts: 5516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacaré
Member # 178

- posted      Profile for Jacaré   Email Jacaré         Edit/Delete Post 
My prayers to you and your family, afrieds. [Group Hug]
Posts: 6145 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jana at jade house
Member # 559

- posted      Profile for jana at jade house   Email jana at jade house         Edit/Delete Post 
as we say here at home, "sterkte", strength - in all its forms and variations to you.

Jana

Posts: 6042 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eyrie
Member # 818

- posted      Profile for Eyrie   Email Eyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
My heart goes out to you. [Smile]
When those I love have passed on, I always want to talk and talk about them and remind others of all the wonderful experiences we have had.
Feel free to share with us.

Posts: 634 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afrieds
Member # 902

The funeral was very nice. I had never been to a Mormon funeral before. My grandmother died about 5 months ago and our family was at wits end arranging things. The members of Oma's ward were so helpful, all we had to do was reminice (sp?) and write thank you notes. I was in charge of doing a photo perspective of her life, which was odd considering I am a granddaughter-in-law. I got to learn so much about her doing this project, and I found the most wonderful picture of her and opa all smiling and happy from a couple of years ago. Some people thought her memorial service was strange as my husband, brother-in-law, and I sang a German march (I sing tenor, so we sounded like a mini army). The song was entitled "Erika," oma's name. It is actually a very sweet song when you know the meaning of the words, it would have had everyone crying had they known the meaning of the words. Oma had had a stroke about a year before I met her so I was glad to learn of the active, fun person she was before the stroke. It also made me sad to realize how hard it must have been for her to lose the use of her hands and her ability to walk for the nine years since that stroke. It was nice to learn that the stroke that killed her occured after my nephew's 2nd birthday party, so she was able to hold my nephews for one last time.
TheOne
Member # 431

- posted      Profile for TheOne   Email TheOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for your family's losses, afrieds. Between my wife and I we have only one grandmother (mine but in Belgium) and one grandfather (hers). I did a photo perspective for my great grandmother who died at age 96 (thankfully, she got to know our son, her great great grandson). I have most of the family's old photos and was able to put something together from her elementary school days in Waynoka, Oklahoma in the early 20th century to the present (in 2000). I wish we were able to organize her funeral but her daughter did it (they were baptist) and there was not any family participation in the actual service. She was an amazing hard working lady. A stubborn lady which I contribute to her mostly German ancestry. It must have been hard for her having watched her husband die almost 20 years before as well as all her six younger brothers and sisters and one of her daughters (my grandmother - unexpectedly).
Posts: 5988 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nauvoo Home Page