Nauvoo
Nauvoo
Nauvoo     Home Page  |  Nauvoo Times  |  About Nauvoo  |  The Back Bench  |  Vigor - Web Edition  |  Contact Nauvoo
Nauvoo Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nauvoo Forum » Nauvoo Classic Forum » Forum and Member News » 2 Beefche 12

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 Beefche 12
beefche
Member # 2301

- posted      Profile for beefche   Email beefche         Edit/Delete Post 
1. And it came to pass, that the father of Beefche was stricken with diverse illnesses. Lo, he resided in the hospital.
2. Yea, verily, even the brother of Beefche had a contrite heart which requireth surgery. Lo, he resided in the hospital.
3. And it came to pass, that the mother of Beefche was stricken and came to reside in the hospital.
4. Yea, even the parents and brother of Beefche all dwelt in the hospital at the same time. And Beefche was saddened by these tidings.
5. But verily, I show unto you that the Lord seeth the heart and answereth the prayers of the righteous. Beefche's father and brother were healed and came to dwell in a home, yea even their own homes.
6. But the mother of Beefche continued to dwell in the hospital.
7. Yea and on the Sabbath, Beefche did visit her mother to deliver tidings of love and affection. Yea all seemed to be well in the land of the Hospital.
8. And it came to pass that the Lord, in His goodness, saw fit to relieve Beefche's mother of her infirmities and sufferings. Yea, even He taketh the life of Beefche's mother to dwell in a land of peace and love.
9. And so Beefche's mother gave up the ghost on the 21st day of the month called May. Yea even she went the way of the earth nearly on the exact day that her own mother and father gave up their ghosts.
10. And Beefche was saddened by this news, even to wailing and gnashing of teeth. Yea her sorrow is great with the passing of her mother.
11. But, behold, I, Beefche, do declare glad tidings that the Lord lives and that the sting of death is removed by Jesus Christ, our Savior. Yea, even the Comforter cometh and dwells among those who grieve. Yea, He helps those who cry unto Him and gives comfort to those who grieve.
12. And it came to pass that Beefche was able to receive comfort in knowing that the death of Christ shall loose the bands of this temporal death, that all shall be raised from this temporal death.
13. The spirit and the body shall be reunited again in its perfect form; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame, and Beefche's mother will be restored with all parts. Yea, it is by faith that we know that Beefche's mother will dance and kick her heels once again. And quite possibly kick her daughter's backside for her irreverant humor. Or the mother of Beefche would laugh mightily at the wit and humor of Beefche for Beefche did receive humor from her goodly mother.

Posts: 3253 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDGJanitor
Administrator
Member # 1615

- posted      Profile for EDGJanitor   Email EDGJanitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sweetie, I am so sorry.
Posts: 9063 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBear
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for PolarBear   Email PolarBear         Edit/Delete Post 
Peace be with you and your family.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokbadok
Member # 420

- posted      Profile for bokbadok   Email bokbadok         Edit/Delete Post 
Beef, you rawk. Luv ya!
Posts: 3181 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 701

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for your loss. [Frown]

I loved this part:

quote:
Yea, it is by faith that we know that Beefche's mother will dance and kick her heels once again. And quite possibly kick her daughter's backside for her irreverant humor. Or the mother of Beefche would laugh mightily at the wit and humor of Beefche for Beefche did receive humor from her goodly mother.

Posts: 4881 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dyany
Member # 922

- posted      Profile for Dyany   Email Dyany         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sweetie I am sooooo sorry. Hugs and love from up here in Idaho!
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abby76
Member # 1288

- posted      Profile for abby76   Email abby76         Edit/Delete Post 
Beefche, I am sorry for your loss. [Group Hug]
Posts: 3434 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melissa
Member # 1762

- posted      Profile for Melissa   Email Melissa         Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry for you loss.
Posts: 960 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janey
Member # 885

- posted      Profile for Janey   Email Janey         Edit/Delete Post 
beefche, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you're hanging on to God's peace. [Group Hug]
Posts: 4775 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

- posted      Profile for Curelom   Email Curelom         Edit/Delete Post 
Beefche, prayers and good wishes to you on the loss of your mother. [Group Hug] <hugg>

And it came to pass that the Lord God did comfort Beefche, and did grant her peace in the knowledge that her mother hath found peace in His care.

And lo, all who are the friends of Beefche have also been comforted by the Spirit of the Lord that doth dwell with all who seek His presence, and doth grant unto them the assurance of salvation through our Savior.

Posts: 14395 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maryozion
Member # 2035

- posted      Profile for maryozion   Email maryozion         Edit/Delete Post 
Along with the others I offer my condolences for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
Posts: 598 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BG27
Member # 1343

- posted      Profile for BG27   Email BG27         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the second time in a month that I have been moved by the testimony of faith that assures us that the Resurrection is real and that families are truly eternal. My thoughts are with you at this time Beefche, may the Lord comfort you.
Posts: 4584 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocobeem
Member # 2302

- posted      Profile for cocobeem   Email cocobeem         Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry, beef. May you and your father and brother cling to each other during this time. [Group Hug]
Posts: 2847 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patty Blue
Member # 1994

- posted      Profile for Patty Blue   Email Patty Blue         Edit/Delete Post 
Beefche:

I am grateful for your humor and reminder of what we have been given. May His peace continue to be with you and your family.

Patty Blue

Posts: 331 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Casisana
Member # 2044

- posted      Profile for Casisana           Edit/Delete Post 
Beefie,

I saw news of this on the other place. I just wanted to let you know that I more than know how you are feeling. It's been right at 4 years since my mom died. It sucks. Nothing can be said to ease the pain, but know that you are not alone.

I'll post more elsewhere for you.

Posts: 3274 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meadowbee
Member # 1483

- posted      Profile for meadowbee   Email meadowbee         Edit/Delete Post 
Releasing hot prayer balloons heavenward for beefche and family. Filled with faith and friendship, they're designed to burst with our Father's blessings upon each of you. [Group Hug]
Posts: 4058 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nitasmile
Member # 1302

- posted      Profile for nitasmile   Email nitasmile         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry you've had so many challenges w/the health of your family. Ihope your dad and brother will physically be feeling better soon.
I admire the way you expressed your faith in what you wrote. [Group Hug]

Posts: 8913 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrowGirl
Member # 401

- posted      Profile for CrowGirl   Email CrowGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Condolences for the loss of your mother, yet gratitude for your testimony, wording and "irreverent humor." This was beautiful.
[Group Hug] Thank you for sharing this.

Posts: 4583 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 959

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your mother, and happy for her that her suffering has been relieved. If there is anything we can do, let us know. [Group Hug]
Posts: 8194 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiccups
Member # 3212

- posted      Profile for hiccups   Email hiccups         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] I'm sorry.
Posts: 643 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nauvoo Home Page