Nauvoo
Nauvoo
Nauvoo     Home Page  |  Nauvoo Times  |  About Nauvoo  |  The Back Bench  |  Vigor - Web Edition  |  Contact Nauvoo
Nauvoo Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Nauvoo Forum » Nauvoo Classic Forum » Forum and Member News » April 21, 2012 is forever

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: April 21, 2012 is forever
Jason
Member # 1256

- posted      Profile for Jason           Edit/Delete Post 
I will be sealed to my sweetheart April 21.

I am working in the operating rooms tonight and will leave tomorrow morning for Utah to meet up with her (she's been there a week already).

My bags are packed. I remembered my ring and my temple recommend. After Utah we'll be flying to Hawaii, first time for both of us.

We have read multiple books recommended by you guys and others. (And They Were Not Ashamed was highly recommended by both my bishop and stake president, and they were glad that I had already read it). 5 Love languages was quick and good. Without Offense, the Art of Giving and Receiving Criticism started slowly, but turned out to be excellent, something I am already using in my daily life.

I've assembled many bookshelves, curios, and other pieces of furniture from Big Lots to store all of our stuff.

I landscaped and planted a flower garden with about 100 different flowers. She helped with a nice chunk of it, so I like to call her Eve once in a while, working with me in the garden. Upstairs neighbors (also newlyweds) will be watering and pruning while I am gone.

The wedding gifts are flooding in already. I am surprised at how many people actually picked something out of the online registry and had it directly mailed to us.

This will be a great week...and life.

Posts: 3680 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curelom
Member # 1439

- posted      Profile for Curelom   Email Curelom         Edit/Delete Post 
This is wonderful news! Congratulations to Jason & the soon-to-be Sister Jason [Smile]
Posts: 14398 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 701

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
May you have many, many, many years of happiness together. [Smile]
Posts: 4885 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beefche
Member # 2301

- posted      Profile for beefche   Email beefche         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Jason!
Posts: 3253 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beefche
Member # 2301

- posted      Profile for beefche   Email beefche         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As George Durrant would say (he was president of the MTC when I was there): "May you live happily with your beautiful spouse, in your beautiful house, where you'll have beautiful wall-to-wall...kids."
He was my bishop for 2 years at BYU. Love Bishop Durrant!
Posts: 3253 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yungmom
Member # 619

- posted      Profile for yungmom   Email yungmom         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

Good day. It is my DH's birthday as well. Now I might even remember your anniversary date. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5564 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyByNight
Member # 1073

- posted      Profile for FlyByNight   Email FlyByNight         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 11091 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmon
Member # 600

- posted      Profile for palmon   Email palmon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 5632 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Clay
Member # 11444

- posted      Profile for Jim Clay   Email Jim Clay         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Jason.
Posts: 776 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raro
Member # 1304

- posted      Profile for Raro   Email Raro         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful news! I'm so glad you shared this. What a bright spot in this sometimes dark world to know that love and caring are alive and well. [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1791 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maryozion
Member # 2035

- posted      Profile for maryozion   Email maryozion         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Day and Best Wishes!!
Posts: 598 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheOne
Member # 431

- posted      Profile for TheOne   Email TheOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news! Congrats! Have a wonderful sealing day! [Clap]
Posts: 6040 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparky
Member # 176

- posted      Profile for Sparky   Email Sparky         Edit/Delete Post 
This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for the both of you.
Posts: 2841 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcaywood
Member # 10817

- posted      Profile for rcaywood   Email rcaywood         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to both of you. May you enjoy the work to have a great marriage and family.
Posts: 165 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
V.
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for V.   Email V.         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you are having a great time in Hawaii! Congrats! V.
Posts: 4300 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeta-Flux
Member # 348

- posted      Profile for Zeta-Flux   Email Zeta-Flux         Edit/Delete Post 
Was just in Hawaii, and I recommend the Polynesian Cultural Center (#1 thing we did), and Laia point (right by the center).
Posts: 5202 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janey
Member # 885

- posted      Profile for Janey   Email Janey         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I missed the whole story, but what a happy ending!
Posts: 4775 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 615

- posted      Profile for Sweet William   Email Sweet William         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Janey. Or maybe you've been back, and I just wasn't paying attention. [Smile]
Posts: 8605 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nitasmile
Member # 1302

- posted      Profile for nitasmile   Email nitasmile         Edit/Delete Post 
wow I missed this thread. I knew you were engaged but missed this thread! Congratulations!
Posts: 8913 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nauvoo Home Page